August 10, 2023
The Brennan Center
The Brennan Center for Justice is a nonpartisan law and policy institute.
The Democracy Program focuses on issues of voting rights and elections, money in politics, redistricting and representation, government dysfunction, and fair courts. The program conducts research, publishes influential studies, convenes conferences, develops policy proposals, supports strategy development, and participates in litigation to defend campaign finance laws, ensure a fair judiciary, uphold fair representation, and oppose laws that restrict the rights of voters.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong research and writing skills
- Interest in democracy and social justice issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Able to work at least 20 hours per week during the internship period
- Must be available to work in New York City
- Undergraduate students in any field of study are welcome to apply, though preference will be given to those studying political science, law, and related fields.