March 23, 2023
University of Chicago
Test The University of Chicago is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1890, its main campus is located in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood. It enrolled 16,445 students in Fall 2019, including 6,286 undergraduates and 10,159 graduate students.
The Expanding Diversity in Economics Summer Institute (EDE) is a University of Chicago program hosted by the Becker Friedman Institute for Economics (BFI) designed to identify and support talented undergraduate students from a broad range of backgrounds interested in the study of economics. Our goal is to diversify the pool of students majoring in economics, who may go on to a graduate program of study, or a career drawing on this important skill set.
Requirements and Qualifications
Successful applicants will:
- Have a strong interest in learning more about economics
- Be enrolled in an accredited, undergraduate degree-granting program with freshman or sophomore status when applying
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have taken coursework (high school or college) in calculus, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
- Submit two letters of recommendation via our online submission system