September 1, 2023
US State Department
The U.S. Department of State leads America’s foreign policy through diplomacy, advocacy, and assistance by advancing the interests of the American people, their safety and economic prosperity.
For undergraduate seniors or recent graduates who are U.S. citizens and members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service. A fully-funded graduate school programs that offers professional development opportunities and internships. The program spans the length of a graduate degree program and requires participation in a late spring orientation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be seeking admission to graduate school for the fall semester of the year you apply
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
- Be able to participate in an orientation in late spring of the year in which you are selected
- Completion of a two-page statement of interest
- Completion of a two-page personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Undergraduate seniors or recent graduates
- Members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service